Monday, November 1, 2010

Behavioral Changes

The objective of this project is to find tiny ways to modify my habits and lifestyle so that ultimately, in the end, there is a significant net improvement in my "footprint", so to speak.  And possibly even in that of my household in general.  As I go through each day, I do find that I am much more conscious of very small things that I can do to alter consumption and disposal habits.   While I am not able/willing to take the extra effort every day, I am hoping that some of them at least will "stick" and become new habits. Here are some of the "green things" I have implemented each day:

Oct 28th:  Went on "catalogchoice.com" an identified 15 more catalogs I receive and cancelled them (bringing the total of cancellations to about 25 and counting!)

Oct 29th:  I went through the pantry and identified old stuff.  Fed some to the chickens, composted some in the "official" compost, and washed for re-use/disposed of the packaging as appropriate.

October 30th:  Cleaned out the fridge and made an actually interesting chicken-treat concoction in the food processor. Whole wheat crackers, prunes, pork, chopped greens, apple and tomato.  It looked and smelled like something one could use to stuff a roasted chicken!

October 31st:  Made a point of turning off the computers when I knew I was going to be out all day, and before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment