Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting Creative

The past few days it has been a "stretch" to come up with NEW "green things" so I have been conscious about keeping my eyes open for opportunities.  This tactic has been quite fruitful as I have noticed  things that I have been seeing for a decade or more, without thinking about it. First thing this morning I submitted a note in the "Comments" box to the gym I belong to about all of the thousands of wax-covered paper cups that are used once and then put in the trash (not recycled).  I don't even know if they are recyclable, but I thought that I needed to mention it to the club, at least.  Yesterday, I packed X a bag lunch using parchment paper to wrap the sandwich, cut-up apple, and crackers.

Nov 13:  Cancelled more catalogs (up to 47 canceled now!)
Nov 14 :  Re-used plastic tubs as dog/chicken dishes then recycled
Nov 15:  Packed X's lunch without using plastic bags/wrap
Nov 16:  Complained about paper cup waste at PAC

No comments:

Post a Comment