Sunday, November 21, 2010

Are These Clothes Really Dirty?

I am realizing that many of the changes that I am implementing involve "changing my mind" as much as changing my behaviors.  For example, it has taken me a couple of weeks to get my head into the reusing of plastic water bottles, even though I am washing the caps in the dishwasher.  So the recent Real Simple magazine article on how often clothing items should be washed, validated a few changes that I had already been thinking about.  I manged to convince myself that my sweatshirts and hoodies really don't need to be washed that often.  (I have already been hanging many articles of clothing out to air dry). And, if I stop wiping my hands off on my jeans, they will actually last for two or three wears.  As for the stinky adolescent boys in the house...everything they touch goes into the laundry basket!

The When-to-Wash-It Handbook: Winter Edition Real Simple


Nov 20:  Re-Evaluated my Laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment