Monday, November 22, 2010

Freecycling! Whee!!!

Gotta love Freecycle.org! While one does tend to accumulate a few more items that take up valuable house space (most notably in our case a 60 gallon aquarium and a ping pong table),  I really came to appreciate the value of this terrific resource when helping collect items for my son's Eagle Project--The San Carlos Belmont Emergency Supply Depot. The local emergency response officials asked for thousands of dollars of equipment including tools, fancy ladders, furniture, batteries, and hard hats. Within only 6 weeks, local Freecyclers had contributed over $1,000 worth of materials!  Now, before buying something I need, I post a request on Freecycle...or just wait until it shows up!  Yesterday I got a Canon printer (in questionable working order) and 8 ink cartridges.  Even if I can't use the printer for X, I will use the ink and parts for my other Canon printer!  Thanks Freecyclers!



Nov 21:  Freecycle Printer Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment