Monday, October 25, 2010

More Changes...Hope No One Notices

I am vigilant about daily opportunities to identify my "green" thing, but also wary of potential pitfalls.  It seems that most of the time, the green alternative tends to have a sight disadvantage attached. 

For example, last week I unplugged a rarely-watched TV and its accoutrements only to discover that it would take 25 minutes to re-boot the cable box when I wanted to watch it!  Friday, I walked the dogs (three) to the dog park instead of driving and found myself in the "downward dog" position all the way down and back, from the ensuing entanglements.  (Note to self: must find the double-dog leash connector.)   Saturday, I decided to leave my car parked in the 20-minute zone outside the Post Office to dash the 6 blocks up the street for a few more errands.  Thirty minutes later I was still four blocks away when I noticed the Parking Meter Car ahead of me, edging along towards my car.  The "dash" turned into an all-out sprint... 

Yesterday's act of greeness carries the highest potential risk of all:  I TURNED DOWN THE TEMPERATURE ON OUR WATER HEATERS A NOTCH!  I am on tenterhooks waiting for the cries of outrage echoing from the household shower stalls.  Or will the boys even notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment